How to Find the Best Online Deals
We all love shopping online. It’s easy, saves times and you can get the item delivered to your house. But how many times have you purchased an item and later found out that you could have gotten it less? Most people fail to get the best deal online and end up paying more because they are not accustomed to this online deals yet. You can easily grab a great deal if you follow some of the following steps:
- Clear your cookies: Online stores like to entice new customers in the hope that they become regular customers. If you are a return customer you will be getting less deals than any new customer. That is why it is good idea to clean out your cookies, which will mask your previous ventures into the online store. You can also create a ‘special profile’ in a browser to fool vendors into thinking you’re a new customer every time you visit their site.
- Be aware of your location: If you stay at an affluent location and are shopping from your home, online stores will display less deals because they know you can afford the extra cost. Shopping websites use whatever information they can get to charge you the appropriate price.
- Discount codes: Discount codes are the online version of the paper discount coupons you used to present at brick and mortar shops. Use them effectively and you will pay lesser than most people.
- Shopping cart: Use your shopping cart to leverage a deal. Select an item and leave it in the cart for sometime. This will tell the online store that you are contemplating buying the product but something is preventing you to buy it. You can expect a coupon code or promo to be offered to you within a week.
- Use Twitter: Twitter has revolutionised how you connect with people, but you can use it to get alerts on deals too. Follow accounts that tweet about the latest deals and/or coupons. Turn on notifications for this accounts so that you do not miss out on a single deal. You can create a separate account for this purpose if you do not like your feed to be spammed by shopping deals.
- Black Friday and Festive seasons: Be extra alert during the festive seasons as online stores give out huge discounts to attract more customers. If you are careful enough you will get very lucrative deals during the festive season.